Thursday, June 11, 2009

Staying Alive!


First, I need to say thank you to all the family and friends who helped us move to our new apartment in Midvale. I have really appreciated everyone's kindness!
I have been wanting to post for several days now. I have a trillion pictures I would like to share with you all. But, I can't seem to get these boxes emptied. My adaptor to my camera is in a box still, and I keep thinking I will find it. But, I can barely keep up with Adelynn's messes, let alone finish going through these boxes. She just managed to empty all my DIRTY dishes out of the dishwasher onto the floor, and she currently has her diaper off and is sitting on her "big girl potty". Yes, in the middle of all this moving she has decided she wants to be a big girl. I'm excited, but it is also a lot of work. We were watching a movie one night and I couldn't find her. I went into the bathroom and she was naked, sitting on the toilet. I was SHOCKED! She has also graduated to a toddler bed due to the fact that she kept climbing out of her crib and fell on her head several times. These past few weeks I have realized the value of a full time job, and a babysitter (yes, Tiffany we miss you)!

On a lighter note, we are LOVING the city. We haven't made very many friends yet, due to the rainy weather. But, we go shopping almost everyday! I made Corey promise to NEVER move me to a small town again. I have only gotten lost in this big city once, and I'm learning to find my way around Salt Lake.

Yesterday Corey and I celebrated our anniversary (it has been four years)! Grandma and Grandpa Stoker watched Addie and we went and got haircuts (we're wild), went to Olive Garden, and saw "Up" in 3-D. It was super fun, and nice to have a break and think about everything we have been through together. Cheers to marriage!


6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Anniversary! Love you guys. Hope Addie doesn't hurt herself wanting to grow up so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to you guys!!! I'm glad to see everything is going well..good luck with potty trainning. We miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i didn't realize you and dez' anniversaries were soo close! I should have know that..anywho, I was thinking, you should be glad addie was pulling the dirty dishes out of the dishwasher...cause that means you have a DISHWASHER. :D I am happy the move went well and you guys are liking the "big city", next time we are down that way I will be giving you a ring a ding ding. Love ya..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Anderson's how I am missing you! Everytime I drive by your house, I think you're still there. I went there last night to welcome the neighbors and I wanted to cry because everything was so different. I want to see more pictures of your place. The pool looks nice. Me and Connor will have to come and splash with you and Addie! Happy Anniversary! Thats so great! So we want to come and see you sometime. I'll call you sometime and we'll figure out a time aye! Take care and call me anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 4 years! Cute picture! Isn't it amazing what you find when you read emails from 6 months ago? ;-)
    I love Mer's comment about, "that means you HAVE a dishwasher".
    We're excited to see you all soon.

    ReplyDelete