Monday, January 19, 2009

New Year Update!

Yes, that is Captian in our apartment! Ange and Mike came this weekend to visit. We went on some COLD walks with the dog, and hung out together. By the way, we don't get visitors very often and it was nice to have them come. You are all invited to come anytime! There isn't much in Roosevelt, but WE are here. :)
She is SOOO strong! She loved the dogs bone.

She found her nose, and loves to give her kisses. She's the perfect sibling for Addie, and she has been in the family for over twenty years!


Adelynn with my Cabbage Patch doll (her name is Bonnie).



Addie got mad that I put on her pajamas that have feet on them. She wouldn't quit screaming, so I cute them off! Then, she walked around with the "feet" on her hands.




Life has really settled down now that Corey isn't in school anymore. It is nice to come home from work and be able to sit on the couch with Corey and watch TV instead of write a paper or finish an assignment. I love it! He isn't as stressed and that has helped the stress level of the entire family. He spends his days with Adelynn, or sleeping, and his nights in the emergency room. He loves the ER, and is looking for reasons to work overtime (like paying off debt).

As for me, I am halfway through the school year, and I feel like it is the mid-year slump. The students are rude and crazy, and I am starting to feel stressed about them reaching the reading goals for mid-year. Second graders should be reading 68 words a minute by the end of January, and that is a lot of stress for the teacher! Overall, I am thankful for the opportunity I have to make a difference (hopefully, that's what I'm doing?!?) Anyway, I was suppose to go to school today to put in grades and work in my classroom. But, I figured it would be a perfect day to stay at home and relax with Addie. I love being at home with her, she brings me books all the time and wants to be read to 24/7. We have fun together, but I like her nap time as much as she does, because then I can blog!

2 comments:

  1. how funny about the footed pjs lol. Hah, I remember bonnie! Well i'm glad that things are going good for you guys and we promise to make it to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete